**WE ACCEPT MEDICARE & MEDICAID AS WELL AS PRIVATE INSURANCE PLANS**
(For self-pay patients, please click here)
Primary Healthcare Clinic
We offer a wide range of healthcare for all ages. Appointments are available on a same-day/next-day basis. We accept most insurances and in addition offer a sliding scale fee for uninsured patients. Examples of our medical services include:
- management of chronic medical problems (diabetes, asthma, hypertension, and obesity)
- acute care of illness (bronchitis, strep throat, sinus infections, and rashes/contact dermatitis)
- well child exams
- well adult exams and prevention as well as lab work and PAP testing. In addition, we offer flat-rate physical exams. You do not need to be an established patient to receive these services: school, college, camp & sports physicals for $40.
The Daily Planet Primary Health Clinic Hours:
Monday-Friday 8:30am—4:30pm (no patients are seen between 12pm and 1pm).
The Daily Planet open access appointment are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The Daily Planet provides integrated healthcare through care teams. Each team can provide medical, behavioral health, dental, and case management services as appropriate to best meet your healthcare needs.
*TB testing is available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday between 8am—3pm. Walk-ins only. There is a $20 charge or free with shelter referral. A follow-up visit is required to receive results of the TB test.
**HIV testing is available on the first and third Monday of each month from 1pm—3pm on a walk-in basis only. This service is provided free of charge.
Behavioral Health Clinic
Our Behavioral Health Clinic provides mental health counseling (one-on-one, group and family), substance abuse counseling, medication management and evaluation, and psychiatric evaluations and assessments.
The Daily Planet Behavioral Health Clinic Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am—4:30pm (no patients are seen between 12pm and 1pm).
To receive Behavioral Health Services:
- Visit The Daily Planet Central registration
- Initial mental health assessment: Available Monday–Thursday, arrive before 9:30am. The first three clients will be seen. Due to the limited slots, you may want to arrive by 7:00am. The doors open at 7:30am and you should sign in at the registration desk. Some intake appointments may be arranged once registered.
- Psychiatry appointments are scheduled at the time of the initial intake (after initial mental health assessment is completed) or by calling 804-649-2119 ext. 274.
Current open groups:
Thursdays at 1:30pm. Open support group for people struggling to maintain their recovery from both substance use and mental health problems.
Other groups are available on referral from other Daily Planet staff.
Please be aware that there is a cost associated with ALL dental services, including extractions. The cost is determined during the financial screening process. We use a sliding scale fee system that is based on the federal poverty guidelines.
Our dental clinic provides comprehensive dental services, including preventive and restorative services as well as urgent care. These services include cleanings, fillings, extractions, crowns, dentures and root canals.
Emergency dental services are available Tuesday and Thursday, schedule permitting. Emergency dental services include extractions ONLY and are provided on a first come, first served basis. For more information, call 804-783-0678.**
Dental Clinic Hours:
8am—4:30pm (closed between 12pm and 1pm)
Call 804-783-0678 to schedule a dental appointment.
Our Eye Care Clinic provides a full line of eye care services, including eye examinations to evaluate cataracts, glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy and other eye diseases and disorders; glasses and corrective lenses are also offered.
Eye Care Clinic is available once a month on a first come, first served basis. For additional information, call 804-649-2119 ext. 249.
There is a copay for eye care, which includes eye exam and glasses (if needed). The copay is based on a sliding scale.
*The Vision Clinic is located at our Southside Community Health Center at 180 Belt Boulevard*
Case Management assists individuals who have multiple complex barriers to resolving homelessness. Case Management offers resources to create a stable lifestyle while utilizing a comprehensive, integrated approach for an individual’s holistic wellness. As a way of sustaining homeless individuals on their way to stability, basic life services are offered which include access to showers and laundry facilities.
The Daily Planet is an FTCA deemed facility.